Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers Day Sucked

It begins with Friday. I told my Son to call Dad and let him know if he made plans for Sunday, cause I would like to just go to beach. I wanted sun and water, which would be perfect for the heat that weekend. When my Son called him, he got cut of short cause Dad was dealing with something at work. On the ride home I mention the beach, and Hubby mumbles something like, "you won't be able to handle that". I guess he was referring to me being Fibro. I then casually mention how we can go hang out at our Daughters place at the pool...no response. Hmm ok maybe he has something planned.
Sunday. I get up he makes coffee, we watch tv and nothing is being said. Well then I get up and start laundry, head to the kitchen and start cleaning. He then comes in with "I'll do that". Kitchen cleaned and he goes outside to do yard work. UGH all I wanted was some sun, water and NO CHORES! I lost it, showered, got in the car and took off up the creek, for some sun and water. BTW I have never ever done such a thing on my own. A few hours later, I come back home, Hubby is laying on the bed and asked me where I went. I told him, I mentioned I wanted water and sun, and your Son tried to tell you, but maybe you didn't get it cause you cut him off, so I went up the creek. He asked, do you want to go out to eat? Um nope. Hubby then made tuna sandwiches, and took us outside to play with the dogs.
That is why I so dislike days that force us to expect something on certain days for people to show us how much we appreciate them. If it were any other day, Hubby does an outstanding job of showing appreciation  so why do I expect so much on the one day that says we must show appreciation?! Does this mean he doesn't expect anything on Fathers Day?

No comments: